Friday, June 11, 2010

Mucho Gracias Mi Amigos...

for your encouraging words, spanish lessons and song lyrics. I feel much better this morning after a good night's sleep, a cup of coffee and reading your words of kind support. I just came back from sucessfully buying my bus ticket.

My plan for the next couple of days is as follows: catch the 10:55pm bus to Tapachula, Mexico tonight. That should take about 8 hours. Arrive in Tapachula on Saturday Morning. Try to find a bus to Guatemala City as soon as possible, that bus ride should take about 5 hours. Once in Guatemala City, depending on what time it is, I want to try to go to the town of Los Pocito and
find someone to take me up to the volcano (it is technically closed to the public, but you can get there with guides through private farm lands). Depending on timing, I may spend one night in Guatemala City, then go to Antigua (about an hour's drive) sometime on Saturday night, or
sunday. I'll Stay in a hostel in Antigua and then go to my spanish school monday morning. that is the plan. and once in Antigua, I need to find a doctor for my ear infection. It's starting to "ear-itate" me. heh.



A typical breakfast at the house, dry corn flakes with peanut butter, strawberry jam and maple syrup.



The plump, grandmotherly woman cooking homestyle mexican food for us during our stay in Salina Cruz. I love cliches, I really do.

2 comments:

  1. i´m alone now too!! hahaha..i decided to stay in puerto until wed. i went to the beach last night..naughty, naughty!!

    ReplyDelete