Sunday, June 13, 2010

Antigua Guatemala

Antigua is as beautiful town.


This is at La Caterdal ruins. trying to get artsy with my pocket digital camera.




I stumbled into a church service at the La Merced Church. Had to stand for the opening hymns. the hymns were weird, they had a guitary, pop sound to them.




Some of the cool architecture from the old ruins around town. This was La Caterdal. worth every penny of my $3.00 quetzals.





Had one of the best cups of coffee ever at Fernandos Kaffee. Cool little place with a cool little courtyard.




All the streets look exactly like this. Everything is laid out in a grid pattern. Though all the store fronts look like this, once you walk in through the door ways, you´ll find beautiful cafes and restaruants and shops. Many of these buildings are actually single units with center courtyards with fountains and gardens and such. I could walk around all day, if my foot wasn´t so sore from the 14 hour bus ride. Damn those quaint cobblestone streets!





Some of the architecture around town. This is the San Fransisco Church.



I was walking around town at night last night and it was a trip. I felt like I was in a sherlock holmes novel or something. strange town, cobblestones, drizzling rain, cool air, eerily streetlamp lit roads, strange colonial buildings anddark alleyways.

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed by you Ivan, and I feel like a litte bit, I got to go with you on your journey and just that you're a real decent human...Gotta stop reading now...but will return..still..way behind you but following

    ReplyDelete