Thursday, December 18, 2014

L.E.S.

This city is just too cool for me, particularly the Lower East Side.  The beautiful rich well dressed people.  It is all too hip for me.

.......... I don't even know what to say about NYC.  I'm at a loss for words.  Not becuase I'm overwhelmed or so impressed,  but becuase it's impossible to generalize or summarize.  So, I won't even try.

today was day four:  I slept in late after the jazz night, then went to the lower east side to eat and walk around.

I am stubborn and like to do the things I will say I do, and since all the Banksy graffiti art that he did for a month when he was doing his NYC residency in October 2013 was immediately defaced, painted over or even removed intact to be sold within days or weeks of its appearance, I walked all over town to track down the traces of history.  Here is what I found:

Graffiti is a Crime: Allen Street, between Hester and Canal Street: 




Car Mural: 159 Ludlow Street"

Before

Now

Some of his other stuff: 





No comments:

Post a Comment