Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Hedwig

On a cold and rainy evening in Times Square i bought myself a "discounted"  (in quotes cuz still kind of expensive) Hedwig and the Angry Inch at the Belasco ticket at the red TKTS booth thing in time square.  What a show!  There's just something about that play and songs and themes!  I thought about going to anyone of the many other broadway hits that were available that night, but i decided to stick with what i love and know so well.  The sad thing (other than the play itself) is the fact that I missed the John Cameron Mitchell run by a month!  He does a run starting in January, I would have paid full price to see the original hedwig!  full price i tell you!   But this Michael C. Hall led show was great too, he makes an amazing Hedwig.


Times square is fun.  I found myself walking up and down the block just for the people watching and the fun of walking in big crowds like that, it's almost like a game, like frogger or something.

I don't get the jesus-freaks.  what compels them?  Are they crazy?  do they have families?  do they go home at night and think to themselves, "I did well today"?  what would possess a person to wave a sign telling me i am sinning and must repent?  Could i possibly interpret their enthusiasm as  misguided love and compassion and care for the state of my soul?  I don't know. weirdos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment