Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Patna

Wherever I go, there I am.




It's been a long couple of days. Lots of traveling and one night stays in far out places. I've noticed it takes about 3-4 weeks of traveling to find my rhythm. I found it now and things are rolling along. Despite the fact here in Patna, I had difficulty finding a hotel room because they are all filled up for the Dalai Lama's KalaChakra a couple of hours away in Bodhgaya. I ended up in this (see pic) dingy little place down a dirty alleyway, paying an exorbitant 600 Rupees a night. It's been rough the past couple days because I've been forced to stay in dirty places like this. I was actually prepared to spend the night in a hotel lobby couch/floor or sleep on the streets, it took me so long to find a hotel room.





This is a developing world bus station. My instincts (also known as logic and common sense and powers of observation) for traveling in these countries have gotten pretty damn good.


No comments:

Post a Comment