Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Kathmandu Post

pics from the January 8, 2012 edition of The Kathmandu Post. proof that it's a small world.









I was pleasantly surprised to see Pearls Before Swine (really?! of all comics...) and Dilbert as two of the three comics in the paper. Garfield I was a little disappointed to see, it's barely a step above Family Circus. BUT, as i read this particular day's garfield, I was delighted by it's very subtle and slightly dark stab at the human condition.

I think this isn't a jim davison garfield comic. You can't really tell from the picture but I highly suspect the text in the caption bubbles were changed, it's not the usual Garfield/Jim Davison font. and the joke is just too subtle for Davison. Or maybe he made a wry joke by accident. I don't know. Plus the fact that the only other two comics in the paper are dark and irreverent ones, leads me to hopefully believe this is an altered garfield comic.

2 comments:

  1. We received your farm girl postcard...Suri sounds lovely...you better hit that shit...Ben is now reading your blog...You deserve no less than seven chickens, 2 fat pigs, 2 impregnated cows with big teets, 30,000 rupees, and a peacock for this marriage. Take heed do not under value your worth.

    ReplyDelete