Saturday, December 17, 2011

jodphur thoughts and such

- Today I saw a man cleaning garbage off the streets and alleyways by scooping it with a metal bowl. His shirt read, "being human". He sure was being human. speaking of being human, let's talk about poverty and the meaning of life for a moment. On a planet with 7 billion people, about half of them live chest deep in flithy poverty, another billion live in regular poverty, another billion in their respective country's definition of "middle class", then about a billion and a half are considered upperclass &/or live in western countries with high standards of living. out of those billions of people, only 1.3 million have the heavenly luxury of living in Hawaii. that is .0001% of the people on the planet. you'd sooner win the lottery than end up in hawaii. the more I travel the more I appreciate hawaii, home is something special. So, why am I here?

- on a similar note, I now can't help but condone the US foreign policy that protects our way of life. Highways, strip malls, flushing toilets, the EPA, the FDA, government regulations, refrigeration, birth control, etc... God bless the united states...?

- If you have traveler's diarrhea and you need to take a piss, make sure you sit down when you relax your muscles to pee. trust me on this.

- India. I don't know. it's hard to trust a country that makes you sick twice in two weeks.

- I am lost and confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment