Thursday, May 12, 2016

drive to sand dunes

The altitude sickness got to me in the mile high city; fatigue, thirst, lethargy, sleeplessness.  

breakfast the morning of my drive out of denver towards sand dunes.  I was feeling better appetite wise by this point.  or maybe i was starved from only eating water and beer for the first two days in denver.  you are supposed to eat carbs to prevent your body from using your protein/muscle as an energy source.  you are not supposed to drink or take sleeping pills cuz it suppresses your respiratory system. 

US 285 was supposed to be the scenic drive from denver to sand dunes national park.  I was a little underwhelmed, better than an interstate i'm sure. I thought highway 89 in utah/arizona was better. 


those are the sand dunes at the base of the mountain. 

this world is so big. 

No comments:

Post a Comment