Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Preparations

Getting visas, doing research, packing clothes, filling prescriptions, buying toiletries, etc... is important of course. But equally important for being prepared for this backpacking trip is watching and reading the appropriate movies and books. I'm watching movies like Fight Club, Lost in Translation, Outsourced, etc... to remind me of how weird life is. I'm reading books like Cat's Cradle, The Alchemist and Chuck Palanhiuk novels to remind myself that sometimes you have to blow off your own jaw with a double aught in order to be born again.

And of course, Shantaram. The Gregory Roberts novel that started this whole thing. If I had to give one reason as to why I'm going to India, Shantaram would be my answer. I am going to India because I read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment