Saturday, April 23, 2011

I asked myself, "Don't you have anything better to do right now than to sit on a mountain and watch the sun set over a warm Hawaiian Saturday afternoon?" The answer was: No. No, I don't.


For the first time ever, I went to that cluster of shops and stores at the end of the street for a smoothie . I saw lots of young, physically fit people gathered at the smoothie place and the coffee shop next door. The people coming and going were wearing sweat stained yoga pants, running shoes and shorts, and had their bicycles propped up against the wall next to them as they enjoyed their eight dollar Acai & granola bowls. They were all relatively young and good looking upper middle class types engrossed in their topical conversations. I asked myself, "Do I want to identify with this lifestyle group?" The answer was: No. No, I don't. So, I hopped back onto my rusty stolen bike and rode home smoothie-less.

No comments:

Post a Comment