Sunday, February 27, 2011

the other day at work, a man with his wife and daughter came in for a late dinner. I was working the closing shift and they were "that" last table. They came in pretty late and even phoned before to make sure we were going to be open. I usually get pretty upset and annoyed when customers come in so late, but he ended up being very nice and easy going which made me less hostile, plus, they ended up ordering lobster and wine. When he asked for the check, he paid with a Centurion American Express card (aka the "black" AmeX card). He was very happy with the food and service. How do I know he was happy with the food and service? because he wrote "great food and service!" on the receipt.

He tipped $100 bucks on a $230 check. I was grateful, not for the money, but for the fact that human beings like him exist and I occasionally get the privilege of meeting one of them in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment